Let Us Help You Tame Your Fro - Best Hair Straighteners For Afro Hair
We all know that the having curly Afro-Caribbean hair is a gift but getting it straight can be a really tricky task.
Don't you think its always the way if you have curly crazy hair, you want your hair to be tame and straight but when your faced with boring dead straight hair you would like your have to have a bit of a boost and life to your hair!
Straightening very curly hair is notoriously hard work, and can lead to heat damage and breakage if its not styled correctly, so it's important to get it right.
This is why we have researched and compared the best hair straighteners, that are going to style your Afro-Caribbean hair to perfection.
· Plate materials
· Width of the plates
· Length of the plates
· How high the temperature can reach?
· Heat up time
· Safety features
Take a look at our newest found hair straighteners that our customers are raving about for being the 'best hair straightener for afro carribean hair'.
"Make even easier work of straightening thick or very curly hair with the larger plates on the ghd Gold Max styler." - GHD
Top Tips -
Below we have the best tips for styling and preparing your Afro hair for straightening.
1. Never Start With Dry Hair !
- Always start by trying to detangle your hair before you wash it.
- Brush conditioner through your curls whilst in the process of washing your hair, this is a great way to great rid of any knots.
- Rinse off the conditioner, towel dry it and get a brush through it again, by using this process we hope that you avoid any breakages of the hair follicles which is less damage to your hair over all.
- Remember better conditioned hair straightens and styles a lot easier, then dry damaged hair.
2. Nourish Your Fro
- Its very important to keep your Afro nourished. So remember to add in conditioning products when straightening your hair this is especially important for curly Afro hair.
- A great little tip is not to spend a fortune on all these conditioning product but just use the olive oil straight from your kitchen, crazy we know but it works!
- Rub a small amount into your hands and run your fingers through your hair, this will just give it enough to keep it nourished and healthy.
- If the oil doesn't work for your particular hair type then you may be better off buying a cheap leave in conditioner.
- It is also a great idea to use a heat defense spray to protect you from any damage whilst straightening.
3. Take Your Time
- By sectioning your hair into smaller pieces you will achieve better results. You will get right down the roots.
- It is also important to remember to brush,dry, nourish and then straighten your Afro hair, if you follow this routine it will ensure you get the best results.
4. Dry Dry Dry
- Making sure your hair is fully dry before straightening it is essential especially with curly Afro hair.
- Using straighteners on damp hair can cause that horrible sizzling sound we sometimes hear, which is exactly what is happening, it is sizzling and damaging your hair.
5. Use Good Straighteners
- Its so important to choose a good quality and highly recommended straightener for your hair as not all hair straighteners with give the amazing result you are looking for.
So follow our guide and choose which straightener suits your Afro-Carribean hair. If you have hair in between straight and afro why not read our best hair straighteners for wavy hair guide.
Best Hair Straighteners For Afro-Carribean Hair -Comparison Table
With all the options out there, it can be nearly impossible to choose the right iron for you.
Therefore for your afro-carribean hair, your best option is almost always going to be ceramic plates and a high temperature setting.
We hope we have narrowed it down enough for you to be able to have an idea on which straighteners to choose for your Afro hair.
Happy choosing !!